Under the direct supervision of the Office & Project Manager, the Operations Administrative Staff is the administrative support for the general operations and information processing of assigned Harrisburg office staff and management. The Administrative Staff responds to everyday requests from designated Union personnel and Union membership groups, while maintaining a strong administrative understanding of ongoing, day-to-day tasks associated to the general operations of the Union.
Must have proven experience in office procedures and use of office equipment. Must have the ability to communicate accurately and clearly both orally and in writing; pleasant telephone manner.ÃÂÃÂ Must have experience and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; specifically, preparing letters, memorandum, formatted spreadsheets, filtering data, export/import data to generate reports in Excel or Word format.ÃÂÃÂ Must have excellent organizational skills and with attention to detail for accuracy.ÃÂÃÂ Excellent problem solving and people skills also required.ÃÂÃÂ Possess strong capacity to work with deadlines.ÃÂÃÂ Knowledge of organized labor a plus.
- Provides administrative support for assigned Harrisburg business agents, committees, and chapter chairs.
- Provides receptionist/telephone coverage for the Harrisburg office.
- Enters new membership applications, include data entry in the membership database, sending new hire and new member packets and maintaining membership application files.
- Submits dues and COPE authorizations to Employers.
- Monitors office supplies and business machine supply levels (postage meter, copier, fax). Submit office supplies requests for the Harrisburg office. Place orders to replenish business machines supplies and places service/maintenance requests when needed.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail; logging incoming checks for dues and retiree payments.
- Assists members with attorney referrals, union benefits, and death gratuities.
- Prepares contract booklets for Harrisburg business agents.
- Maintains the File Room.
- Other general administrative staff duties, as required.
Starting Annual Salary
$33,753 with a generous benefits package.
Please send a cover letter and resume via e-mail to Pam Long, Office and Project Manager, at email@example.com
Deadline for resumes is May 25, 2018.
SEIU Local 668 – An Equal Opportunity Employer