Job: Internal Organizer Business Agent – Northcentral Pa
About SEIU Local 668
|| Internal Organizer Business Agent – Northcentral Pa
||Internal Organizing Business Agent
||$62,415.00 plus a generous benefit package
This is a professional position servicing Local and State Unit Shops in Northcentral Pennsylvania. The Internal Organizer Business Agent is a front-line leader- representative of the union in the Union’s relationship with its members, stewards, officers, other unions, employers and outside entities. This position reports directly to the President and/or Staff Director.
- Negotiations – The Internal Organizer Business Agent serves as the chief negotiator for shops in the private and public sector. Must have knowledge of applicable bargaining laws, and an understanding of normal practices. Conducts contract surveys and develops budgets for each contract. Possess the skills to analyze situations, synthesize information and determine the appropriate bargaining strategies and tactics.
- Contract Administration and Enforcement – The Internal Organizer Business Agent is responsible for contract administration and enforcement. These include assisting stewards and members with grievances where violations of the contract are alleged.
- Internal Organizing – Organizing the organized is a fundamental responsibility. The Internal Organizer Business Agent assists shop stewards and members within a shop to organize bargaining unit employees to become union members, increasing their power in relationship to management. Assists members to identify issues and assists them in developing strategies to deal effectively with those issues.
- Member Engagement – Helping members to become involved or more involved are essential components in our efforts to build power in the communities where our members live. The Internal Organizer Business Agent maintains contact with community groups and other labor organizations in a variety of settings; developing relationships with the community, labor and political leaders.
- Training – The Internal Organizer Business Agent educates stewards and other member leaders through training in areas of filing grievances, representational issues, political campaigns, and internal organizing.
- Performs other related duties within the union as required.
- Four-year college degree preferred, legal experience highly desirable, and/or extensive union experience (negotiations, internal organizing and member engagement).
- A strong commitment to social justice and to the goals and principles of the union.
- Effective verbal, written and listening communications skills.
- Problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and in a team environment.
- Heavy travel, weekend and evening work required and the possession of a valid driver’s license.
Salary: $62,415.00 plus a generous benefit package.
Please send cover letter, resume and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEIU Local 668 represents over 20,000 public services workers across Pennsylvania and is part of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), the nation’s fastest growing labor organization with more than 2.1 million members nationwide. SEIU is on the cutting edge of progressive activism, building the power of workers, and engaging in community and social issues. Our membership is comprised of over 9,000 state workers and over 9,000 local unit workers (county workers, 911, juvenile detention, children and youth, mental health/mental retardation, clerical, prisons, etc.).