- Constitution: A governing document that establishes the Union as a local, self-governing entity. Articles of the constitution cover topics such as the mission, membership qualifications, methods of dues collection, member’s rights, definition and election procedures of officers, duties of elected officials, and methods for authorizing collectively bargained agreements and strikes. Check out SEIU Local 668’s Constitution here.
- Chapter: Regional offices and member groups of the bigger Local that have a governing board of elected officials as well as contact people that deal with broad union issues and local shop issues. Chapters also act as a means for the Union to train, educate, and involve members at a local level. Find out what Chapter you are in here.
- State/Local Union Work Committees: Committees consisting of elected and appointed officials, with each chapter being represented when applicable, to represent members in specific workplace issues. Meetings are held regularly at a statewide level to discuss and resolve issues specific to the workplace. Chapter or regional representatives of these committees are responsible to be involved at the local labor management level to address workplace issues and to communicate to all members about local workplace issues. Find out about SEIU 668’s State Unit Work Committees here. For more about our Local Unit Work Committees, click here.
- Standing Committees: Committees consisting of elected and appointed officials, with each chapter being represented when applicable, to represent members in specific special interest areas. Representatives are responsible to reach out to members and communicate with them to generate engagement and provide information to and from members regarding their issues. Find out more about our Standing Committees here.
- Shop: A local workplace or site.
- Shop Steward: Elected officers in a specific workplace that assess and process member grievances specific to their workplace, and act as a bridge between their members and the local Chapter Executive Board. For Shop Steward information, click here.
- Business Agents: A paid Officer/Staff Member who assists local shop stewards with workplace issues, and is involved in local or regional contract negotiations and enforcement of local and statewide agreements. Also helps run day-to-day affairs of Chapters. Find out who your Business Agent is by checking out your Chapter page.
Feedback on this list? Email email@example.com.